Members receive free copies of the Society Journal, published twice a year, plus free admission to all talks and trips arranged by the Society.
The Journal publishes articles on a wide variety of topics related to Malawi. It welcomes contributions both from academics and non-academics.
Members also have free access to the Library and Archive of the Society, based at Mandala House, Mandala, Blantyre.
To become a member, Please get in touch with the Society by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our membership year runs from January to December
Membership annual fees:
- Temporary visitors, including volunteers K2,000.00 (Excl. Journal)
- Students, Free (excl. Journal)
- School Membership K25,000.00
- Malawi residents, family membership K13,000.00
- Malawi Corporate membership K75,000.00
- Overseas members – Individuals GBP25 or USD40
- Overseas members – Institutions GBP50 or USD80
- Casual Visitors per meeting: K500.00
- Life members Journals in two volumes: K8,000.00 or GBP10 per year
(Due to the high costs of printing, we regret that we cannot offer free journals to Life members.)
The Society is a charity and is therefore dependent on membership fees and donations. It is most grateful for the long-standing support of the Beit Trust. The French motor dealer CFAO has also been most generous in housing the Library and Archive on the first floor of the historic building, Mandala House, Mandala.
We would like to recognise the following for supporting the Society of Malawi in various capacities. We appreciate their support.
Other Supporters and Partners