Library Hours of Opening
Monday to Friday 09:00-16:00
The opening hours have been extended as we now have a full time assistant librarian, Gervasio Ngumbira who is working along side Dora Wimbush. We are happy with this development and we hope that more visitors and researchers will benefit from the increased access to our books and collections.
Please note, different hours of opening may apply during the holiday periods. Please check the website for any updates on opening times.
Enjoy our Resources:
- Reference library of about 3000 books
- Electronic photographic archive of about 10,000 historic images
- Buy prints of these unique photographs as special gifts or mementos
- An archive of historic documents, including newspaper files for most of the 20th century
- A quiet and comfortable setting for research
- A range of publications about Malawi for sale
- The Society’s internationally respected journal published continually since January 1948. It spans Nyasaland’s history from colonial times to independence, through one party rule to Malawi’s current multi-party democracy. Back numbers are available for sale.